3530 SW Multnomah Blvd, Portland, OR 97219
The French Quarter
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!!!
Emails asking questions that are answered below will make us cry :( THANK YOU!
WHAT KIND OF VENDORS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? The French Quarter puts a focus on locally owned companies selling hand made artisanal products.
HOW DO I BECOME A VENDOR AT THE NEXT MARKET? Please read through all the information and then fill out an application at the bottom of the page.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? $30 with proof of insurance
HOW DO I PAY? You can either pay via Venmo (this is the preferred method), just search Sara Le Meitour, or you can pay via check by mailing it in or dropping it off at the French Quarter.
WHEN DO I PAY? All payments are due one week prior to the event. Please note, your spot is not fully secured until payment is received. If you are late on paying, you risk having your spot given to someone on the waitlist.
WHAT IS VENMO? Venmo is an app that allows payments to be exchanged without a fee. You can easily download the app from the App Store and google provides many helpful tutorials.
WHEN WILL VENDOR LOAD-IN TAKE PLACE? Vendors are allowed to begin unloading and setting up 1 hour prior to the event. Vendors are permitted to park in the parking lot to unload their items but then must immediately move their vehicle.
DO YOU PROVIDE TABLES AND CHAIRS? No, each vendor is responsible for bringing any equipment and props that they need.
CAN I HANG ITEMS ON THE WALL? No, absolutely no items are allowed to be hung on the walls or ceiling of the French Quarter.
WILL I BE INDOORS OR OUTDOORS? In the winter, all vendors will be indoors. In the summer, we give the option of being indoors or outdoors and do our best to honor those requests.
WHAT IS THE LAYOUT FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR VENDORS? Please click HERE to see the market layout.
IS THE INTERIOR HEATED/AIR CONDITIONED? The space is heated in the winter, unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in the summer so if your product is very sensitive to heat the summer markets might not be a good time to participate.
HOW DO YOU ADVERTISE? We advertise on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We also have a French Quarter Newsletter.
WHY WAS MY BUSINESS REJECTED FROM ATTENDING THE MARKET? There are several possible reasons:
- If we feel that your product too closely resembles something one of our permanent tenants sells then we would not allow your business to be a part of the market.
- If you business is part of a multi-level marketing company you will not be accepted as a vendor.
- If there are already a couple vendors selling similar products (i.e. ceramics) we would not bring in more similar businesses to maintain a variety for customers.
- If we feel your business is not the right fit for the French Quarter's demographic.
WHY WAS MY BUSINESS REJECTED EVEN THOUGH I'VE BEEN A VENDOR AT THE MARKET BEFORE? There are several possible reasons:
- The market is a small one so sometimes we like to rotate the vendors we have worked with to keep the market fresh and new.
- If the French Quarter gets a new permanent tenant that sells the same product as you, we would not bring you back due to our policy of not having vendors who directly compete with our tenants.
- If you packed up and left before the market had ended you were automatically barred from all future events.
- If we found you difficult or unreliable to work with we would not ask you back as a vendor.
DO YOU ACCEPT MLM COMPANIES? No, we do not accept any multi-level marketing companies for our markets.
HOW MANY PATRONS ATTEND THE FRENCH QUARTER MARKET? For our First Friday event, we usually have several hundred people come through.
WHAT IS THE FRENCH QUARTER'S CUSTOMER DEMOGRAPHIC? The overwhelming majority of our customers are young couples, between the ages of 25 and 40 with small children.
*Couldn't find the answer to your question, contact us HERE